EFT Level 1 & 2
August 5, 12, 19, 26
Please read and consent below.
Once you have consented to the agreement, you will be automatically redirected to pay your tuition.
EFT Training Workshop
Participation & Release of Liability Agreement
Thank you for participating in the EFT Training Workshop (the “Workshop”), including EFT Level I and EFT Level II, whichever is applicable, presented by Monica Owen, LLC, doing business as, EFT Tapping School (the “School”) and taught by Monica Owen (the “Trainer”). This Participation & Release of Liability Agreement (“Agreement”) contains important information the School needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Workshop, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The information presented during the Workshop, including ideas, suggestions, techniques, training, exercises, instructions, Workshop manuals, power point slides, handouts, and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice. The Workshop is presented both online and in-person, and generally consists of presentation of the Materials by the Trainer, demonstrations, and experiential instructions, along with group sharing of experiences by participants.
2. By participating in the Workshop, you understand you will be learning about and using an innovative energy technique based on the newly emerging field of energy psychology called Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT. EFT looks at and seeks to address stressors and imbalances within an individual’s energy system, as well as the energetic impact of how thoughts, beliefs, and emotions can influence the health and well-being of an individual. The theory behind EFT is that the cause of all negative, challenging, and stressful emotions and limiting beliefs is a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that EFT helps clear these disruptions, thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies. EFT uses gentle self-administered tapping on acupressure or “calming points” located on the face and upper body while focusing on issues of emotional intensity in order to release the intensity and reframe the issues. The prevailing premise of EFT is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, mental, and emotional health, and for fostering well-being.
3. The focus of the EFT Level I training is to introduce participants to the basics of EFT and for the EFT Level II training to provide participants with the opportunity to learn EFT foundational skills. The curriculum for both the EFT Level I training and the EFT Level II training are published on the School’s website (EFTtappingschool.com) and are incorporated herein by reference. If you fully participate in the Workshop, the School will provide you with a Certificate of Attendance for the EFT Level I training and/or the EFT Level II training, whichever is applicable.
4. In addition to offering the Workshop to the general public, you understand that the Workshop is also part of the required curriculum for the EFT International (“EFTi”) EFT Practitioner Certification Program. You understand and agree that you may not represent yourself as an EFTi practitioner (certified or otherwise) or use any other identification as being approved, authorized, or certified by either the School or EFTi as an EFT practitioner until you have successfully completed EFTi’s EFT Practitioner Certification Program. Also, be advised that EFT has several applications, including use as a self-help tool, a coaching method, and as a therapeutic technique for licensed health care providers. If you choose to use EFT in a professional setting, you agree to only use EFT within your legally defined scope of practice. If you have questions or concerns about EFT, please feel free to ask the Trainer for further resources or references.
5. Although EFT appears to have promising physical, mental, and emotional health benefits, and there is a growing amount of scientific research indicating that EFT is an effective evidence-supported technique, especially for managing stress, it is considered outside traditional Western approaches to health and wellness and has yet to be fully accepted by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, EFT is currently not officially identified as an evidence-based technique and may be considered experimental. EFT is self-regulated and no state in the United States licenses EFT practitioners and it is considered an alternative or complementary method in the United States. Since EFT is a relatively new healing approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using EFT and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Workshop. Further, you agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
6. You understand that the Workshop is an experiential learning opportunity and is not to be considered treatment for any psychological or medical issues nor is the Workshop a substitute for seeking health care advice or treatment from an appropriate licensed health care provider. You agree to consult with your licensed health care provider(s) for any specific health care issues and to continue any treatment(s) or medication(s) that you are currently receiving while participating in the Workshop.
7. Please be advised that by participating in the Workshop, it is possible to experience some physical discomfort or emotional distress that can be perceived as negative. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort related to stressful or overwhelming experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to ask for help from the Trainer should your participation in the Workshop inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you and to seek professional help, if appropriate. In addition, if you voluntarily choose to participate in any EFT demonstrations, you understand that physical touch may be applied. If you have any misgivings, doubts, or any negative reactions to any physical contact it is important that you let the Trainer know so that your choice not to have physical contact can be honored.
8. Any information, stories, examples, or testimonials presented during the Workshop do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome an individual may experience using EFT for any particular purpose or issue. Further, you understand that the School makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you using EFT during or after the Workshop for any particular purpose or issue. Due to the fact that the Workshop includes group processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Workshop with you. Also, you agree to keep private and confidential any personal information shared by other individuals participating in the Workshop with you. If you are participating in the Workshop online, you are advised to be in a quiet private space. If you cannot be in a completely private space, you agree to use headphones to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the Workshop. Further, if you are participating in the Workshop online, you understand that it is not possible for School to guarantee the confidentiality of any of the information shared during the Workshop online.
9. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Trainer either during or separate from the Workshop is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Workshop is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner-client or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Trainer and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. While the Trainer has extensive experience as an EFT practitioner and trainer, she is not a psychotherapist, physician or other licensed health care provider and is only providing her services as the trainer for the Workshop.
10. The Materials presented during the Workshop and any other content made available during the Workshop are owned by the School and are confidential, proprietary, and protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post of Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or reproduce, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials including the Workshop manual(s), or any other content presented in the Workshop without written permission from the School.
11. You agree and understand that the Workshop at times may include demonstrations that may be recorded, filmed, or videotaped and that the School shall have all rights in and to such recording, film, or videotape, including the copyright therein. While you are under no obligation, if you volunteer to participate in any recorded, filmed, or videotaped demonstration, you grant the School the right, without compensation to you, to film, photograph and/or record you while participating in the demonstration and you waive any and all rights which you now have or may have hereafter in any such recording, film, or videotape.
12. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of this Agreement, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
13. You understand that your participation in the Workshop is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent that you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Workshop and that that you have been given the opportunity to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Agreement. Further, you represent that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns.
By registering and participating in the Workshop you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement, and you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated herein. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you, your heirs, and legal representative(s) agree to forever, fully release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, the School its owner(s), member(s), staff members, Workshop faculty, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, volunteers, and others associated with the School from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Workshop.
© 2022 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Participation & Release of Liability Agreement other than by Monica Owen, LLC is prohibited by federal copyright law. No part of this document may be used without permission in writing from Midge Murphy. www.midgemurphy.com
While Monica Owen can’t guarantee any specific results and the following testimonial does not constitute a warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using her services for any particular issue or problem, this client reports having a positive experience.
“I am so blessed to have been introduced to Monica & tapping. I was very skeptical and nervous at first but was very impressed and appreciated her gentle technique and how she made me feel comfortable right away. She helped me reduce the impact of many negative emotions and I was able to find some emotional connections between my stress and the discomfort in my body. After tapping with her, I find myself feeling more calm and relaxed in my body on a daily basis. I wish I would have contacted her sooner – the fear of the unknown held me back. It feels good to have more mental clarity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Monica!” Kimberly W.
“Monica has been amazing at helping me handle work related stress and anxious thoughts around flying. She has taught me EFT techniques that have been beneficial in situations involving high stress. I highly recommend her for anyone interested in trying or learning more about EFT!” Bri R.