Mentoring Agreement Review
Please review the following including fees/payment options in advance of your consultation.
EFT International Practitioner Certification Program
Thank you for engaging Monica Owen, LLC doing business as EFT Tapping School, (the “School”) to provide the mentoring and consulting services of Monica Owen (the “Program Director”) for EFT International’s (“EFTi”) requirements for you (“Mentee”) to obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner (the “Mentor Program”). The School recognizes that in order to develop a long-term and mutually rewarding relationship with those individuals who have been accepted into the Mentor Program, everyone must acknowledge and respect the true partnership nature of the relationship, not only in legal terms as set forth in this Agreement, but also to maintain the integrity of the Mentor Program and to develop Mentee’s tapping skills. In accordance with the foregoing, the parties have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
1. MENTOR PROGRAM INTENT
The intent of the Mentor Program is to train participants in the professional development of the practice of Emotional Freedom Techniques (“EFT”). The focus of the Mentor Program is to provide Mentee with the opportunity to discuss and improve the following skills:
- EFT techniques as taught in the School’s EFT Level 1 and Level 2 courses (the “EFT Workshop)” in accordance with EFTi’s guidelines for Certification and Accreditation and other relevant skill sets
- Ethical challenges and questions
- Working with complex issues during EFT sessions
2. MENTOR PROGRAM TERM
The term of this Agreement commences upon execution of this Agreement or as of the date upon which the School receives from Mentee the Fee (as defined in Paragraph 7 below) for the Mentor Program, whichever is first, and continues for a maximum of two (2) years thereafter (the “Term”). In the event Mentee has not successfully completed the Mentor Program at the expiration of the Term, then the parties may mutually agree to extend the Term for an additional six (6) months.
3. PROGRAM DIRECTORS’ SERVICES
Mentee hereby engages the School to provide the services of the Program Director with respect to the mentoring and consulting needed in order to assist Mentee in completing the requirements in the Mentor Program to obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner. The purpose of the Program Director services is to mentor Mentee and to evaluate Mentee’s level of competency as an EFT practitioner in order to determine if Mentee has successfully met the criteria established by EFTi and the Program Director to become a Certified EFT Practitioner. The Program Director agrees to provide to Mentee the services:
- Conduct 6, 60-minute personal mentoring sessions with Mentee on an online virtual platform.
- Prepping for the online multiple choice EFTi Practitioner Exam.
- Review of all of Mentee’s session notes submitted by Mentee, including single EFT sessions, case studies, and Mentee’s personal EFT case study.
- Review a minimum of 2 filmed or live EFT practice sessions conducted by Mentee.
- Provide free unlimited access to repeating the EFT Workshop during the Term of this Agreement, provided space is available.
- Provide Mentee with templates necessary to complete the EFT practice sessions, including Permission Letter(s) for individuals to sign who volunteer to be “practice clients” for the single EFT practice sessions, the multi-level case studies and the filmed and/or live EFT session.
- Conduct monthly group mentoring calls.
- Membership to a private group page on the School’s website, with access to all forms and files available.
- Provide Mentee with email mentoring on an as needed basis.
- Notify EFTi in writing that Mentee has successfully completed the Mentor Program.
- Advise Mentee on the process for the Tapping Out of Trauma online class and the EFT Ethics, Legal, Risk Management online course, both of which are part of the required curriculum of the Mentor Program.
- Provide Mentee with a list of pre-approved EFT Certified Practitioners for Mentee’s required 6, 60-minute personal EFT sessions.
- Upon successful completion of the Mentor Program, provide Mentee with a Certificate of Completion.
4. MENTEE REQUIREMENTS
Mentee understands and agrees to complete the following activities:
- Schedule and attend a minimum of 6, 60-minute personal mentoring sessions with the Program Director conducted by phone, in-person, Zoom, or another electronic platform.
- Attend a minimum of 6 live or recorded monthly mentoring calls conducted by the Program Director on Zoom.
- Conduct a minimum of 50 EFT practice sessions of at least 45 minutes in length with a minimum of 20 different individuals and submit sessions notes from each session in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Program Director.
- Conduct a minimum of 4 case studies with separate individuals and submit a written case study report in accordance with EFTi’s Case Study Guidance Manual. 2 of the case studies must have multi-sessions (with an introductory session, plus a minimum of 4 sessions). All multi-sessions shall count towards the minimum requirement of 50 EFT practice sessions.
- Conduct a minimum of 1 personal EFT session and submit a written case study report in accordance with EFTi’s Case Study Guidance Manual.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 filmed or live EFT session in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Program Director.
- Have each “practice client” who volunteers for an individual EFT session, multi-session EFT case study or filmed or live EFT session, whichever is applicable, to sign the required Permission Letter(s) provided by the Program Director.
- Attend EFT Tapping Training Institute’s Tapping Out of Trauma online course.
- Complete Midge Murphy’s EFT Ethics, Legal, Risk Management online course by successfully passing the Exam.
- Attend a minimum of 6, 60-minute personal EFT sessions with an experienced EFT practitioner approved by the School for Mentee’s “personal work”.
- Successfully pass EFTi’s online Practitioner Certification Exam.
- Join EFTi as a student during the Term.
In the event Mentee does not obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner within 1 year of attending the EFT workshop, then according to EFTi recommendations, Mentee will be required to repeat the EFT Workshop. If Mentee is required to retake the EFT Workshop, there is no additional cost to Mentee provided Mentee has taken the first EFT Workshop within a year of being required to retake the EFT Workshop.
Mentee understands that in order to qualify for consideration to obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner, Mentee must successfully complete the requirements set forth above and any other Mentor Program components required by the Program Director and/or EFTi. In addition, Mentee must demonstrate a proficiency and competency in the required skills, including without limitation, professional and individualized application of foundational EFT skills acquired after completing the EFT Workshop and post-training EFT practice and experience. Also, Mentee will be evaluated on Mentee’s ability to implement the required skills to others ethically and within Mentee’s legally defined scope of practice. Such proficiency and understanding of the concepts and techniques in the required skills will be assessed solely by the Program Director.
5. MENTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
Mentee understands and agrees to the following responsibilities during the term of this Agreement:
- Submit to the Program Director the applicable Permission Letter signed by the “practice client” for an individual EFT practice session, multi-session EFT case study or filmed or live EFT session, whichever is applicable. Mentee understands that the Program Director will not review any session notes, case studies or filmed or live EFT session until Mentee has submitted to the Program Director the applicable signed Permission Letter.
- Not represent himself/herself as an EFTi EFT Practitioner (certified or otherwise) until Mentee has successfully completed the Mentor Program.
- To be fully responsible for all of Mentee’s verbal and written statements, actions and representations made to any individual or entity regarding EFTi, the School, the Program Director, and the Mentor Program.
- To comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to Mentee and to practice EFT only within Mentee’s legally defined scope of practice.
- To review and be in compliance with EFTi’s Code of Ethics.
6. MENTOR PROGRAM FEE – ADDITIONAL COSTS
The fee for the Mentor Program is in the amount of $1,500 (the “Fee”) and may be paid in full at the commencement of the Term of this Agreement or Mentee can elect to pay the Fee by making 3 consecutive monthly payments in the amount of $515. The Fee is payable to Monica Owen, LLC in U.S. funds and may be paid by check or through PayPal. Mentee understands that the Fee only represents the mentoring provided in the Mentor Program and does not guarantee Mentee will obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner. In addition to the Fee, Mentee agrees to pay the following additional costs as part of the Mentor Program (“Additional Costs”)”:
- EFT Tapping Training Institute’s Tapping Out of Trauma online course.
- Midge Murphy’s EFT Ethics, Legal, Risk Management online course.
- Fee for Mentee’s 6, 60-minute personal EFT sessions with an experienced EFT practitioner pre-approved by the School.
- EFTi student membership fee.
- EFTi EFT Practitioner online exam.
7. MENTOR PROGRAM COMPLIANCE
By participating in the Mentor Program, Mentee agrees to abide by the rules and policies of the Mentor Program. Mentee understands that the School may decide, in its sole discretion, at any time during Mentee’s participation in the Mentor Program, that Mentee is not an appropriate candidate to obtain accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner. Some of the reasons for a possible dismissal from the Mentor Program include but are not limited to, 1) not demonstrating proficiency or competency in the required skills; 2) breach of this Agreement; 3) not abiding by the rules, procedures, and policies of the Mentor Program; 4) incompatibility with other participants or individuals attending any Mentor Program events; 5) failure to fully participate in the Mentor Program; 6) not respecting parameters or boundaries; 7) failure to maintain ethical standards for the Mentor Program; 8) non-payment of the Fee (as defined in Paragraph 7 below) and/or additional Mentor Program costs; or 9) using the School’s organization or its available student/client/participant base for any type of gain or private enterprise, including sale of products or services, or to promote a particular belief, modality, method or philosophy. Mentee will be notified in writing if the School decides, in its sole discretion, to terminate Mentee’s participation in the Mentor Program. In the event Mentee is dismissed from the Mentor Program by the School, Mentee shall be entitled to a refund in an amount equal to any unused private mentoring sessions from the Program Director calculated at $100 per session. For example, if the School dismisses the Mentee after providing 3 out of the 6 personal mentoring sessions by the Program Director, as provided in Paragraph 3 above, Mentee would be entitled to a refund in the amount of $300.
8. PROGRAM DIRECTOR’S PERSONAL MENTORING SESSIONS
Scheduling of personal mentoring session involves the reservation of time specifically for Mentee. Therefore, once a mentoring session is scheduled, Mentee must provide to the Program Director a minimum of 24 hours’ advance notice in order to reschedule or cancel such mentoring session. If Mentee misses a mentoring session or fails to reschedule or cancel a mentoring session with the required 24 hours’ advance notice, then Mentee shall be required to pay the School a penalty fee in the amount of $100 (unless an emergency arises that prevents Mentee from keeping the appointment for a mentoring session). Such penalty fee must be paid by Mentee in advance of Mentee’s next mentoring session.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY – COMMUNICATIONS
Due to the fact that some of the activities provided in the Mentor Program includes group activities/processes in which Mentee may voluntarily reveal personal information, Mentee understands that Mentee waives his/her rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating with Mentee in the Mentor Program. Further, Mentee agrees to communicate respectfully with other individuals participating in the Mentor Program and to keep private and confidential any personal information shared by other individuals participating in the Mentor Program with Mentee. In the event, as part of the Mentor Program, Mentee discusses any information regarding a practice client, in order to protect the confidentiality of such client, Mentee agrees to only give an alias and to refrain from providing any information that could potentially identify the client, including geographical information. Mentee understands that it is not possible for the School to guarantee the confidentiality of any of the information shared during the Mentor Program that is conducted online. If Mentee has any feedback regarding the Mentor Program, Mentee agrees to provide such feedback directly to the Program Director.
By participating in the Mentor Program, Mentee shall defend and indemnify the School, its owner(s), member(s), staff members, Mentor Program faculty, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, volunteers, and others associated with the School from any and all liability, including but not limited to, judgments, civil penalties, refunds, attorneys’ fees, court costs, and/or lost business incurred by the School as a result of mentee’s verbal and written statements, actions, and representations, including without limitation, individuals Mentee provides EFT services to while participating in the Mentor Program. The foregoing shall survive and remain in effect following the termination of this Agreement.
11. TERMINATION BY MENTEE
Mentee has the option, in Mentee’s sole discretion, to terminate Mentee’s participation in the Mentor Program during the Term hereof by notifying the School in writing of Mentee’s decision to terminate his/her participation in the Mentor Program. In the event Mentee terminates his/her participation in the Mentor Program for whatever reason, Mentee will no longer be a candidate for obtaining accreditation from EFTi as a Certified EFT Practitioner. In addition, if Mentee decides to terminate his/her participation in the Mentor Program, Mentee shall not be entitled to any refund of the Fee, as defined in Paragraph 7 above, or any Additional Costs paid by Mentee at the time Mentee notifies the School of Mentee’s decision to terminate his/her participation in the Mentor Program. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Paragraph 12 below shall remain in full force and effect and survive termination of this Agreement by Mentee.
12. TERMINATION BY THE SCHOOL
The School has the option, in the School’s sole discretion, to terminate this Agreement and cease operating the Mentor Program for any reason during the Term hereof. In the event, the School decides to cease operating the Mentor Program, it shall notify Mentee and Mentee shall be entitled to a refund in an amount equal to any unused private mentoring sessions from the Program Director calculated at $100 per session. For example, if the School ceases operating the Mentor Program after providing Mentee with 3 out of the 6 personal mentoring sessions from the Program Director as provided in Paragraph 3 above, Mentee would be entitled to a refund in the amount of $300. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Paragraph 12 below shall remain in full force and effect and survive termination of this Agreement by the School.
13. ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Mentee understands his/her participation in the Mentor Program is strictly voluntary, at Mentee’s own risk, and that Mentee freely chooses to participate. Therefore, Mentee agrees to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with participating in the Mentor Program and for applying what Mentee may learn from participating in the Mentor Program. Further, Mentee understands and agrees that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
All notices required hereunder shall be in writing and shall be given either by personal delivery, email, text, mail, or recognized delivery service, and shall be deemed given hereunder on the date delivered, emailed, texted or a date forty-eight (48) hours after the date mailed if mailed in the United States, and five (5) business days if mailed outside of the United States. Notices shall be sent to Mentee at the address Mentee provides below, or any other address designated by Mentee. Notices to the School shall be sent to 6409 W. Steed Ridge, Phoenix AZ 85083 Attention: Monica Owen or any other address designated by the School.
Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to this Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to this Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Agreement shall continue in full force and affect and be interpreted to be best carry out the intent of the parties. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right.
Mentee acknowledges that Mentee has been given the opportunity by the School to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Agreement. Mentee represents that he/she is competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Mentor Program. By signing below, Mentee acknowledges that Mentee has carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement and Mentee agrees to all of the terms and conditions stated herein. This Agreement shall be binding upon Mentee and Mentee’s heir(s) and legal representative(s).
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Mentee agrees to forever fully release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the School, its owner(s), member(s), staff members, Mentor Program faculty, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, volunteers, and others associated with the School from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, legal, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which Mentee may incur arising at any time as a result of Mentee’s voluntary decision to participate in the Mentor Program.
Mentee indicates his/her acceptance and agreement to this Agreement by signing and dating in the spaces provided below. The School indicates its acceptance and agreement to this Agreement by signing in the space provided below.
© 2022 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Mentoring Agreement other than by Monica Owen, LLC.is prohibited by federal law.
Now that you have reviewed the above, you are ready to schedule a 30 minute chat with Monica by clicking the button below.
While Monica Owen can’t guarantee any specific results and the following testimonial does not constitute a warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using her services for any particular issue or problem, this client reports having a positive experience.
“I am so blessed to have been introduced to Monica & tapping. I was very skeptical and nervous at first but was very impressed and appreciated her gentle technique and how she made me feel comfortable right away. She helped me reduce the impact of many negative emotions and I was able to find some emotional connections between my stress and the discomfort in my body. After tapping with her, I find myself feeling more calm and relaxed in my body on a daily basis. I wish I would have contacted her sooner – the fear of the unknown held me back. It feels good to have more mental clarity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Monica!” Kimberly W.
“Monica has been amazing at helping me handle work related stress and anxious thoughts around flying. She has taught me EFT techniques that have been beneficial in situations involving high stress. I highly recommend her for anyone interested in trying or learning more about EFT!” Bri R.